Investing in Philippine stocks is risky. The companies where you may buy stocks have their highs and lows in the market. Aside from this, companies that you think are good to invest your money can just find themselves earning less, or in worse scenario, incurring losses.
Are you still willing to take the risk? Do you still want to invest in the companies that are performing well at present despite the risk?
If your answer is “yes” to both questions, then here are four of the companies where you may wish to invest your money in stocks and as passive income:
1. SM Prime Holdings (SMPH)
SMPH is one of the best property developers in the Philippines. Its beautiful malls continue to emerge in different areas with good location. It’s part of the SM Group of companies founded by its Chairman Emeritus Henry Sy Sr. The company continues to prosper through the years, thus resulting to more jobs for Filipinos. SMPH also develops commercial centers and buildings, condominiums and hotels.
2. Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC)
JFC is the most popular and much loved fast food chains in the country. It continues to expand that it has gained many branches nationwide. What’s more, it already has successful branches in different countries. With its delicious meals and quality service, this company is one of the best choices for stock investing. It has proven how dependable it is through the years that it’s worth placing your stocks here for a long time.
3. San Miguel Corporation (SMC)
SMC is one of the oldest and most stable corporations in the Philippines. The diversified services and products of SMC are very much enjoyed and used by Filipinos then and now.
Its products and services include beverages, foods, infrastructure, power and fuel, to name a few. You can be sure that your stocks are very much taken care of because of its good quality and long performance. SMC has been around since 1890 (though with a different name then)!
4. Ayala Land Corporation (ALI)
ALI is very much worth taking the risk of investing in its stocks. It’s one of those corporations that have stood the test of time. Just like SMPH, it aims to build and develop malls, residences, condominiums and offices, as well as hotels and resorts.
It continues to provide quality services and products that are loved by Filipinos. Thus, investing your stocks in ALI is very much worth it!
These are just some of the companies that are worth taking the risk to invest your money.
And as you plan to invest, remember these tips:
- Attend free seminars on stocks to help you decide as you venture into the world of stock investing. There are so many companies with good reputation and performance in business. You will learn about them, especially when you attend the free seminars such as the ones conducted by COL Financial Group, Inc.
2. Invest only in big and reliable companies. For sure, you have an idea on what companies are dependable, especially if you see them progressing through the years.
3. Monitor your stocks and see how your chosen companies are doing. You have the option to quit or continue investing or buying stocks to these companies.
4. You may retain your stocks or even buy more stocks when the market is down. This is because prices of stocks are low and much cheaper. So instead of getting worried that your money is decreasing during these times, it’s better to add money to your stock account. When the market’s up again, you’ll gain more because of the additional stocks you bought.
5. Add money to your account to ensure growth of your funds in stocks.
It’s best if you can set aside certain amount of money or allot certain percentage of your income or salary in stocks. You may do this monthly, quarterly or yearly, depending on your capability on managing your budget.
Investing in stocks is definitely pretty risky, but it’s still better to take the chance. You’ll gain more as you learn important lessons in investing. As they always say, “No guts, no glory.”